《老子》:上善若水,水善利萬物而不爭。
1931 School established as Tainan Technical College, located on the present Cheng-Kung Campus, total area of 18.3 hectares
1946
  • March, School renamed Taiwan Provincial Tainan Junior College of Technology
  • October, School upgraded to Taiwan Provincial College of Engineering
1955 Independent from Civil Engineering, called “Hydraulic Engineering”
1956 School reformed as Taiwan Provincial Cheng Kung University
1971 School reformed as National Cheng Kung University
1972 Master’s Degree program in Hydraulics and Ocean Engineering created
1975 Department of Hydraulics Engineering created in Night School Division
1984 Department of “Hydraulic Engineering” renamed Department of “Hydraulics and Ocean Engineering”
1985 Doctor’s Degree program in Hydraulic and Oceanic Engineering created
1997 The night school program became an extension education
2000 Part-time master program in Hydraulic and Ocean Engineering
2006
  • Doctor’s and Master’s Degree program in Ocean Technology and Marine Affair created
  • Department of Hydraulics Engineering, the night school program abolished
2011 Institute Ocean Technology and Marine Affair was merged into Department of Hydraulics and Ocean Engineering
2013 International Master Program on Natural Hazards Mitigation and Management created