It is a four years program, and can be extended up to two years if the requirements are not fulfilled.The B.S. degree requires a total of 135 credit hours which will be reduced to 128 credit hours in the near future. This includes the 105-107 credit hours for general requirements (32 credits hours for general courses, 71 credits hours for specialized courses and 2-4 credit hours for design courses), and no less than 27~29 credit hours for elective courses. Among the elective courses, students can choose to take 21 credit hours on professional courses provided by the other departments depending on the approval of the advisors.
The maximum time allowed for the master program is four years. 28 credit hours are the minimal requirement for graduation, which includes 24 credit hours of specialized courses and 4 credit hours of special topics. Additional 6 credit hours for thesis are also required.Students should take at least 16 credits offered by the department.
The time to degree for this program is at least 2 years and no longer than 7 years.30 credit hours are the minimal requirement for graduation, which includes 26 credit hours of specialized courses and 4 credit hours of special topics.Additional 12 credit hours for dissertation are also required.The required credits for professional subjects should at least include 13 credits from the department.
A. Foreign students with high school diplomas are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs at NCKU, those with bachelor’s degrees are eligible for Master programs; and those with Master’s degrees are eligible for Ph.D. programs.
B. Most of the courses in undergraduate degree programs are instructed in Chinese. Applicants are expected to have sufficient listening, speaking, reading, and writing ability in Chinese language; the courses in postgraduate degree programs are instructed in Chinese, and partially in English. For the language requirements for each department.
C. Foreign students who have completed their Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Taiwan and wish to apply for higher education are required to present their diploma and official transcripts and follow the application procedure.
D. An individual who meets one of the following conditions are NOT eligible for application as an international student：
1. The applicant has R.O.C. nationality (as defined in Article 2 of the Law of Nationality).
2. The applicant had R.O.C. nationality, but has officially renounced it for more than 8 years, up until the class starting date of NCKU semester.
3. The applicant has the nationality of Hong Kong, Macau or People’s Republic of China.
4. The applicant has overseas Chinese status.
5. The applicant has obtained a high school degree as a foreign student in Taiwan, the Republic of China (R.O.C.) and would like to pursue a further degree.
6. The applicant has been expelled by a university or college in R.O.C.
According to Article 2, the Law of Nationality, a person who meets one of the following requirements shall acquire the nationality of the Republic of China：
1. A person whose father or mother was, at the time of his (her) birth, a citizen of the Republic of China. * The situation of the mother does not apply to those who were born on or before February 9, 1980.
2. A person born after the death of his/her father or mother who was, at the time of his/her death, a citizen of the Republic of China.
3. A person born in the territory of the Republic of China and whose parents are both unknown or stateless.
4. A naturalized person.
The provisions specified in sub-paragraphs (1) and (2) of the preceding paragraph shall apply to minor children on the date of the promulgation of the amendment of this Law.
E. Violation of any of the above criteria will result in immediate cancellation of the applicant’s admission or the deprivation of the applicant’s recognized status as NCKU registered student, or revocation of applicant’s NCKU diploma. No certificates will be awarded.