Chung-Ling Chen (Professor)
Office number： 4F 4697 Tel:011 886 6 275 7575 ext 31147 Fax: 011 886 6 274 1463 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website:
- PhD University of Delaware
- Marine Environmental Management
- Marine Protected Area, Marine Pollution Prevention Technology
- Marine Water Quality Monitoring and Management
- Sea Water Desalination
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Coastal management
- Marine recreation management and policy
- International strategic planning for marine resources
- Advisor of Master, PhD students in IOTMA
- Committee member of project evaluation and examination for governmental agencies
- Committee member of whale watching certification commmittee
A. Referred Paper
- Chung-Ling Chen*, Ya-Chiao Chang. 2017. A transition beyond traditional fisheries: Taiwan’s experience with developing fishing tourism. Marine Policy 79C, 84-91. [SSCI]
- Chung-Ling Chen*. Ning Teng. 2016. Management priorities and carrying capacity at a high-use beach from tourists’ perspectives: a way towards sustainable beach tourism. Marine Policy 74, 213-219. [SSCI]
- Chung-Ling Chen*, Yi-Ping Bau. 2016. Establishing a multi-criteria evaluation structure for tourist beaches in Taiwan: A foundation for sustainable beach tourism. Ocean & Coastal Management 121, 88-96. [SCI]
- Chung-Ling Chen*, Chen-Hao Tsai. 2016. Marine environmental awareness among university students in Taiwan: A potential signal for sustainability of the oceans. Environmental Education Research 22 (7), 958-977. [SSCI]
- Chung-Ling Chen. 2015. Chapter 14: Regulation and management of marine litter. In M. Bergmann, L. Gutow & M, Klages (Eds.), Marine anthropogenic litter. Springer, Berlin, pp. 395-428 (ISBN 978-3-319-16510-3). (Open Access, http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319165097)
- Chung-Ling Chen. 2014. Realization of high seas enforcement by non-flag states in WCPFC: A signal for enhanced cooperative enforcement in fisheries management. Marine Policy 50, 162-170. [SSCI]
- Chung-Ling Chen*, Guo-Hao Qiu. 2014. The long and bumpy journey: Taiwan’s aquaculture development and management. Marine Policy [SSCI, accepted].
- Chung-Ling Chen*, Ta-Kang Liu. 2013. Fill the gap: Developing management strategies to control garbage pollution from fishing vessels. Marine Policy 40; 34-40.
- Chung-Ling Chen*. 2012. Unfinished business: Taiwan’s experience with rights-based coastal fisheries management. Marine Policy 36; 955-62.
- Ta-Kang Liu*, Jin-Li Yu, Chung-Ling Chen, and Ping-Sheng Wei. 2012. Information theoretic perspective on coastal water quality monitoring near an offshore industrial park. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 184; 4725-4735. [SCI]
- Chung-Ling Chen*. 2012. Taiwan’s response to international fisheries management after 2005 as influenced by ICCAT and fishers’ perception. Marine Policy, 36; 350-357.
- Chung-Ling Chen*. 2011. From catching to watching: moving towards quality assurance of whale/dolphin watching tourism in Taiwan. Marine Policy 35; 10-17.
- Chung-Ling Chen*. 2010. Diversifying fisheries into tourism in Taiwan: experiences and prospects. Ocean and Coastal Management 53; 487-492.
- Chung-Ling Chen*. 2010. Factors influencing participation of ‘top-down but voluntary’ fishery management—empirical evidence from Taiwan. Marine Policy 34, 150-155.
- Chung-Ling Chen*. 2009. Educational benefits of ecolabelling whale watching tour experience. Journal of The Fisheries Society of Taiwan 36(4), 277-288.
B. Conference Paper
- Chung-Ling Chen. 2012. Exploring potentials for establishment of local marine protected areas by fishers. 2012 International Conference on Marine Protection Areas, October 20, 2012, Keelung, Taiwan.
- Chung-Ling Chen. 2012. Strategies to reduce fishing ships generated garbage dumped into sea. Planet Under Pressure, March 26-29, 2012, London (NSC 101-2914-I-006-017-A1).
- Chung-Ling Chen. 2014. Regulation and management of marine litter. In M. Bergmann, L. Gutow & M, Klages (Eds.), Marine anthropogenic litter. Berlin: Springer. (published in summer 2014)